While awaiting the arrival of “Sellswords and Spellslingers” by Ganesha Games, I decided to prepare the cards. One of the things I did was reduce the event and spell/potion cards by about 1/3. I kept the monster cards the same size because the artwork is always best appreciated on a larger item. The smaller text on the reduced cards is not a problem for my 52 year old eyes.
My initial problem was that my printer was not cooperating graphically. After many test with both card stock and plain paper (card stock is quite expensive these days!) I determined that there were two problems. First, the heavy 110 paper does not seem to work well with my off-brand ink. Second, the off brand ink cartridges currently in use were either too low, or were defective. I say defective because the control panel was reporting plenty of ink yet the resolution was poor. I had more ink on hand so I replaced the cartridges. The resolution was back to normal. Voila! Alas, many trees lost their lives making these cards.
Andrea, the game designer, promised to upload card backs but I just ended up making my own from the counter sheet also included with the game. Now all I need is the rule book! Lulu said it was shipped on Thursday. It is Martin Luther King weekend in the USA so the post office is not delivering mail. I am hoping by Wednesday.