I’ve posted Ancients D6 Version 3. The changes incorporate some feedback from players of the game. I have made the following changes…
- The turn order is drastically changed. Turns are completely interactive. Each step is done by both players before moving on to the next step. The steps are Rally, Move/Shoot, Melee, End Turn.
- Rallying is now done by spending orders. You may spend one order to remove one point of damage. No unit may receive more than 1 order in a turn so if you rally, you will not get a second move!
- Flanking has been toned down. You still take a penalty when making morale checks because you are flanked and you still lose special abilities while flanked but there is no longer a combat penalty. Supported units fight as one unit when flanked. The second rank in the supported formation is there to be chopped upon only and cannot contribute to the fight when flanked.
- Several of the special abilities have been removed as they did not contribute to the game in a very meaningful way.
- The army lists are being reworked and the points system will be single digit. So, units will cost 1-7 points and most will cost 1-4 points. A basic army will be 30 points.
That’s about all I can think of off the top of my head. If you are interested in having a look at the draft, it can be found in the files section of the group in the folder AD6 V3. The army lists will be uploaded in a few days.